17 April 2005

from the farmland

Well, Daddy was released from the hospital yesterday (saturday). His surgery on wednesday went really well. They ended up doing 6 bypasses instead of 7. The surgeon was highly respected by all the nursing staff, and speaking of them, all of the nursing staff were great. So now we are hanging out at the hotel, waiting to go to a follow-up on tuesday and also waiting to get the green light to fly home the next day. Kristen, my sister, is flying up here tomorrow. It'll be good to have the family in one place.

I can't imagine how my sister is dealing. She hasn't been able to be up here with us and I'm sure it's been killing me. It was killing me until I was able to be up here. Even though I didn't know if my dad had made it through when I landed, I still felt better knowing that I was up here. So Mija, I love you and I'm praying for you. I can't wait until you can be here with us.

I feel kinda helpless. I mean, my dad is doing great, considering he just had major heart surgery less than a week ago. But I wish I knew what I could do for him. I don't want to baby him, cause he doesn't need or want that. But I wish there was something I could do. My guess is once we all get back home things will get better. I'm sure he'll be more comfortable in his own house around familiar territory. But I still wish there was something I could do right now.

Please keep the prayers coming. Pray that my dad makes a swift and safe recovery. Pray that we encounter no complications that would keep us from going home this wednesday. Pray that as we all fly, my dad will be comfortable and that it will be a safe flight. Pray he can get upgraded to first class, which would be more comfortable for him. And pray for us, his kids and his family, that we would know how to help him and that we would be able to deal with all of this. It's been an emotional roller coaster for me. Plus with my wedding less than three weeks away, I've got a lot to think about. Before his surgery, I was just worried about whether or not he would be here, period. I wasn't even concerned about the wedding. But now I know I need to think about that again. I know things will work out, but it is kind of stressful for me right now. So pray, also, that all the final wedding details will work themselves out beautifully. Thanks, and God Bless.

No comments: