24 November 2005

happy giving of the thanks day

happy giving of the thanks day! or the day of giving thanks! or the day giving thanks of! or the thanks day of giving! or...well, i think you all get it by now!

well my husband is hard at work giving people their much-needed thanksgiving brew of coffee, and i'm at home, swamped in boxes. we are moving next week. *sniff, sniff*

it's sad to see all your things put in boxes. it's even sadder when you know most of those things are just going to sit in boxes for a long time. we are moving in with Josh's parents, my in-laws. it's sad. this is(was) our first apartment together. it's sad to say goodbye.

why are we bunkin' with the folks, you ask? and i answer: we don't have enough money to afford an apartment right now, at least not one we feel safe in. we don't make enough money to pass credit checks when applying for a lease. what about affordable housing? well, we would pass their credit checks, but still wouldn't be able to afford the cost of rent and utilities. and so we move in with the folks. but space is limited, so most of our stuff is going in storage.

there are some things i'm going to miss. like a lot of my movies, our dining table and chairs, my mixer(that thing makes the best cupcakes ever!!), all of my rubber duckies on display in the bathroom, and our nice, big walk-in closet. but i remind myself, these are just things.

but they're my(our) things!

having some of these things makes me feel like i'm actually married and that my husband and i are our own family. i know that we are without these things, but i can't explain it. these were things given to us to celebrate our marriage, the first big things that we purchased together, and now they are being boxed up and stored.

things won't stay. jobs, possessions, people. they all go away. they can all be taken away without any notice. but i know my God has a reason for the circumstances we are in. there's a purpose behind us moving in with the folks. though we would like to be able to support ourselves, current situations just aren't providing that. but God has provided us a place to stay.

i have so much to be thankful for. all thanks be to Him.

"for I know the plans I have for you,"says the Lord."they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
jeremiah 29:11

"and this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."
philippians 4:19

No comments: