02 November 2005

don't know what to say...

my heart is hurting for some very dear friends. see, something they have been wanting for a long time seemed like it was finally going to happen. but God has taken it away. you can read about it here or here

it hurts me because i don't know what to say. i don't really know what to do. all i know is that i want them to know if they need anything, ANYTHING, all they have to do is ask.

there's a song by a group Watermark called "Glory Baby". Christie and Nathan endured 2 miscarriages before God blessed them with sweet little Noah, and at least one more child. this song talks about that experience and how they were able to make it through this time in their life. even though i have not experienced that pain first hand, it brings comfort to me.

when my mother died, i had so many questions, so many emotions. i still do. i wrote a poem just a few days after the Lord took her home. amazingly enough, i submitted it to a contest, and while it didn't win, i did get it published. though i'm talking about my mother, it seems to go along with this circumstance as well. i may never know all the reasons why, and i know that i don't have to. but i sure would love to know.

a love without limits

i don't understand why,
why He had to take her away.
i didn't want to lose her.
how could He say He loves me and then hurt me?
i love you, He said.

she was so young.
i was so young.
i loved her too much to let her go.
i need her here with me.
you don't need her, He said.

He left me alone.
all alone.
i had nobody.
i needed somebody.
all you need is me, He said.

i didn't understand why,
why he hade to take her.
i didn't want to lose her.
but now i understand why He did.
because He loves me.


friends, i love you two so very, very much. i hurt for you and i'm praying for you. remember, i'm always here for you, no matter what you need.

No comments: